Friday, July 8, 2011

Jorge Möller > www.BBT.com

Jorge Möller, Senior Vice President, Multicultural Markets Manager, BB&T Corporation

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
Absolutely, as I lead the Multicultural Strategy for BB&T, having the Hispanic perspective allows me to have a better understanding of issues and challenges of the Hispanic community.  I feel proud to drive change everyday and get BB&T better prepared for the enormous demographic changes taking place in this country.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
As an engineer, I learned early on to break down problems into small parts instead of trying to tackle the whole issue all at once.  Nothing worthwhile comes easily or everyone would do it.  Change is part of life.  I choose to stay focus on my true values to be positive around adversity and see it as a challenge.  I found that a healthy sense of humor always helps.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
Having three young daughters, my biggest challenge is to making sure I do everything I can to help them grow up to be happy with themselves and their choices.  They are part of the next generation of Hispanics growing up in this country. I hope I can get them as ready as I can to be on their own, make independent decisions and be positive role models for others to follow.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Family is very important to us.  Since our extended family is spread across three continents, my daughters don’t spend enough time with their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  It would be fantastic if everyone could spend more time together.

What was your childhood ambition?
I wanted to be a rancher.  My grandparents had a ranch and I loved getting up early in the morning to get on my horse and get the cattle.

Tell us about three people that you admire:
I admire people that have gone through tremendous adversity and made the best of it.  Randy Pausch comes to mind for his love of life, his family and achieving your childhood dreams.  There are also so many people at BB&T that do anything to help their clients; I admire their dedication and creativity to find the best possible solutions.  More personally, I admire my wife Jennifer who does her best everyday to make our family better.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
It depends on who is invited to the meeting and the objective.  I like all three meals.  I am always hungry.

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success?
Everything requires trade offs.  I like to run between 20 and 30 miles per week, it takes time away from my family, but I sort things out in my mind while I am running.  I am a better person for it.  You have to balance all you do in life.  One cannot train for a marathon without running.

What is your favorite quote?
"We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future."

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
I don’t focus on being unconventional, but rather on being pragmatic, focused on facts and reality.

Biggest mistake made?
I see mistakes as part of everyone’s life experience.  Not all decisions will be made without mistakes. To me the key is to learn from the mistakes and never be afraid.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
I know that the business world is changing constantly. In that context, I have to be an innovator in my role with BB&T.  We are changing our perception and understanding of the opportunity around the Hispanic segment in ways people did not think about it before.  In order to make the appropriate changes and adapt the business to market realities you have to be creative.

About the Company
BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with $157 billion in assets and market capitalization of $19.1 billion, as of March 31, 2011. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company operates approximately 1,800 financial centers in 12 states and Washington, D.C., and offers a full range of consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage and insurance products and services. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T is consistently recognized for outstanding client satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Greenwich Associates and others. More information about BB&T and its full line of products and services is available at www.BBT.com.


No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month