Monday, July 9, 2012

Marlene Alvarez, www.FoxDeportes.com

Marlene Alvarez, winner of "Reportera FOX", FOX Deportes

Being Hispanic… Does it have any influence on your business?
Being Hispanic has an influence in the way I carry myself and in my overall attitude. I always strive to be the best representation of my community and to encourage other Hispanics to pursue their dreams by setting an example that my community can take pride in.

In the face of adversity, how do you decide to keep going?
In the face of adversity, I always lean on my family and friends for support and guidance. My family is a constant reminder of everything that I’ve already accomplished and the sacrifices they’ve made to help me be where I’m at today. It is because of them that I am powered with the strength to keep going and to continue pursuing my dreams and goals.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced?
The biggest challenge I’ve faced is learning when to be more assertive and learning at a young age to not be afraid to speak my mind.

If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
Not a thing. Every experience that I’ve had in my life has made me the person I am today and without them, I wouldn’t be the strong, ambitious and courageous woman that I am today.

What was your childhood ambition?
My childhood ambition was to be taller than my dad – who is 6’3” – and play professional basketball. I came in just four inches shy of my goal and although I did play basketball all throughout high school, professional basketball wasn’t in the cards for me.

Tell us about three people that you admire?
I admire my mother and father because were it not for their love, selflessness and devotion to providing the best for my siblings and I, my success and outlook on life would not be what it is today.

For meetings: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Lunch

What sacrifices on your personal life did you have to make in order to become a business success? I’ve had to spend a lot of time away from family and friends in order to pursue my goals, whether it be to further my education or in pursuing a career.

What is your favorite quote?
“To those whom much is given, much is expected.”
“Luck is when preparation meets opportunity”

Is it difficult to be unconventional?
It can be difficult to be unconventional because you are often met with criticism and negativity. For this reason, it is important to be sure of what you want and remain firm in your conviction to pursue it.

Biggest mistake made?
Although I was very involved in college as an undergrad, I always feel like I could’ve done more, whether it be through internships or networking with alumni.

Do you consider yourself an innovator? Why?
Yes, I consider myself an innovator because if only within my family and community, I have paved the way and made it okay for others to break outside the norm when it comes to pursuing your goals.

About FOX Deportes
Reaching more than 18 million cable and satellite households in the country, of which over 6 million are U.S. Hispanic, FOX Deportes is the leader in Spanish-language sports media. FOX Deportes features premier soccer programming with exclusive coverage of UEFA Champions League, Barclays Premier League, Copa Santander Libertadores, Copa Bridgestone Sudamericana; coverage of the Major League Baseball regular season, All-Star Game, National League Championship Series and World Series; Golden Boy Promotions Boxing and UFC®. Boasting more than 2,100 hours of live and exclusive programming, a robust digital experience brimming with engaging editorial, live scoring and exclusive video highlights, FOX Deportes is the first name in the U.S. Hispanic sports space. For more information, visit FOX Deportes online at Foxdeportes.com.

No comments:

Popular Posts

New York Time

Copyright 2017 ©
Netvision SA and PlanetM
New York, New York, USA 10008
You can copy this content without permission but you must notify us via email.
Otherwise, it is illegal. All rights reserved worldwide
Updated by Carlos Vassallo

Pageviews last month